Protecting students from discrimination and harassment based on actual and perceived sexual orientation and gender identity
The CA Safe Schools Coalition is proud of our research briefs documenting issues of school safety for students in California schools and steps schools can take to improve school safety for all students, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) students.
- District Policies and Trainings
- Harassment Based on Sexual Orientation and its Consequences
- LGBT Student Safety: Steps Schools Can Take
- LGBT Issues in the Curriculum Promotes School Safety
- The Economic Cost of Bullying at Schools
- School Safety for students with LGBT Parents
- School Safety and Academic Achievement
- Multiple Forms of Bias-Related Harassment in School
- Understanding Differences Between Schools in Overall LGBT School Safety
- Understanding School Safety and the intersection of Race, Ethnicity, and Sexual Orientation
- School Safety for Middle School Students
- Gender Non-conformity and School Safety: Documenting the Problem and Steps Schools Can Take
- Understanding School Safety for Transgender Students
News & AnnouncementsLatest news posts and research briefs below
Below are some of the organizations we support as well as organizations that sponsor and support us! We approve all the sites and companies listed below.
http://outforsafeschools.org – OUT for Safe Schools helps educators, administrators, and other school district employees “come out” as visible allies for LGBTQ students.
Tolerance.org – the Teaching Tolerance blog is a place where educators who care about diversity, equity and justice can find news, suggestions, conversation and support.
AcademicGames.org encourages and teaches children with competition in academic-based games.
http://www.univortho.org – faculty of the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga Campus that services the tri-state areas of Georgia, Tennessee, and Alabama.
UrbanEcology.org – dedicated to developing harmony with urban planning and nature, based in San Francisco.
LGBT Rights – Wikipedia entry.
USA Today Educate – free teaching plans and assignments.